If the atmosphere surrounding the sampler is considered a hazardous location, the Explosion Proof Dual is the right choice. There are only three possible means for ignition with a Sonford Sampler; the refrigerator, solenoid valve and control panel. On the Explosion Proof Dual, all three areas have been addressed. The refrigerator is an explosion proof unit manufactured by Marvel™ that is approved for use in Class I Division I Group C & D environments. The solenoid valve is made by Numatics™ and is approved for use in Class I Division I Group C & D and Class II Division I Group E, F & G environments. If the control panel must be used in the same atmosphere as the sampler, we offer and explosion proof unit that is approved for use in Class I Division I and II Groups B, C & D and Class II Division I & II Groups E, F & G.
Other than the refrigerator, solenoid valve and control panel, the Explosion Proof sampler is the same composite sampler as the TC-3 and TC-4. The Explosion Proof Dual has two pneumatic arms to sample two lines. It has the same unique flow-through reservoir that ensures the sample is a true representation of the actual flow. Like the other TC models, all wetted surfaces of the sampler are made of Stainless Steel, as well as the main wrap, refrigerator and hardware to ensure longevity in the hazardous environment. All machine screws are treated to prevent seizing and to aid in servicing the sampler.
Unique parts – features and options
The Explosion Proof Samplers consist of:
The TC-3 has 3 options for obtaining composite samples:
- An explosion proof refrigerator approved for use in Class I Division I Group C & D environments.
- A solenoid valve approved for use in Class I Division I Group C & D and Class II Division I Group E, F & G environments.
- An explosion proof control panel that is approved for use in Class I Division I and II Groups B, C & D and Class II Division I & II Groups E, F & G.
- A 4-20 mA signal from an automated building management program (PC)
- Sampling on a time bases maintained by the explosion proof control panel
- Receiving signals originating at a flow meter
|A. Arm Assembly Arm 1
B. Arm Bracket Arm 1
C. Right Turn Funnel Arm 1
D. Main Wrap
E. Left Turn Funnel Arm 2
F. Arm Bracket Arm 2
G. Arm Assembly Arm 2
H. Marvel™ Stainless Steel Explosion Proof Refrigerator
I. 2.5 Gallon Jugs
|A. Arm Assembly
B. Clamp Blocks
C. 1/2" 10-32 Stainless Steel Machine Screws
D. Arm Bracket
G. 2" Inlet
H. 3" Outlet
I. 1" 10-32 Stainless Steel Machine Screws
J. Marvel™ Stainless Steel Machine Screw
K. Air Filter/Regulator